Alright, I have finally found a spot at Ponce City Market that I am genuinely excited about, Bellina! Bellina is an Italian market with a full service bar that is fun and delicious. The market area is great for a casual meal, and the bar area is so cute for a date night to eat or even just grab a drink ALSO, they have pasta making classes. Still have more places to try in PCM, but so far, this is my favorite.
- The bar is great. The wine list was small, which I appreciate because I usually cannot make a decision and they will let you try a bunch before you order. Also, the cocktails were really good and the presentation was great. There are no tables with waiters, but the bar is full service. Even if you are not eating, it is a fun spot to grab a drink.
- The market sells all kinds of things besides ready to eat food – pasta sauce, olive oil, spice. Probably over priced, but it is fun to shop around.
- The pastas on their menu are served with fresh pasta made in house, or pasta imported from Italy. The pappardelle was so good! You can really taste a difference with fresh pasta.
- Their salads were beautiful and delicious. We ordered the beet salad, and I am usually not a huge beet fan, but this salad was the bomb.
- The staff and bartenders were really welcoming and friendly. I always appreciate great service.
- I know I already mentioned this, but they have pasta making classes (calendar below). They will also host private events.
- I am a huge fan of charcuterie boards, but I was not super thrilled with Bellina’s. It came with one kind of cheese and two kinds of meet, but you do not get to choose. Did not change my opinion of the restaurant, but maybe skip that.
- There is limited seating at the bar and only a couple tables, so you may have a hard time getting a seat on the weekend. However, I was there at 6:30 on a Thursday night, and we did not have a problem.
- The wine cocktail menu is small. If you are like me and cannot make a decision it is great, but if you like a lot of choices, maybe not.
So if you are looking for a good spot in PCM, go to Bellina!! Hopefully, I will find a couple more places there I am exited about, but for now, Bellina is my #1.
On to the next one,