This post is long overdue because Superica is my favorite restaurant in Atlanta and I can’t believe I haven’t written about it yet! Probably because every time I go, I am too excited about my Tacos de Carnitas to stop and take a picture. I eat here approximately once a week because it is my go to spot to meet friends for dinner and because I cannot go more than three days without eating a taco. Naturally, this is another Ford Fry restaurant…I swear I eat at other places besides his, but they are all just too good! If you love mexican food as much as I do, this will be your new favorite too.
- You must get the Tacos de Carnitas. Honestly the best tacos I have ever eaten, and I have eaten a lot of tacos. It is basically pork belly in the most delicious flour tortilla and nothing else, but it does not need anything!
- I will say it again, but the flour tortillas are so delicious. If the tacos are served with corn tortillas you can request for them to be flour instead! I highly recommend it.
- I wish they would sell their green avocado salsa, or bring it to my table in a pitcher. Either would do. You will and should want to put this salsa on everything.
- Enough about food, the real gem here are the margaritas. I always get the Margaritas de la Casa. They make them with fresh lime and agave syrup so there is none of that icky margarita mix taste. Also, they are shaken so they are technically on the rocks, but also a little slushy. SO GOOD. Also, I recommend Uber.
- The restaurant vibe is also awesome. It has a great patio and bar, and it is in Krog Street Market. If there is ever a wait, it is nice to be able to walk around or grab a beer from Hop City.
- If you’re into salad, their house salad is the bomb. Sounds lame, but I promise it is really good with avocado, pickled red onions and tortilla strips…yum. Big fan of sharing tacos and a salad.
- My only con is that they do not take reservations, so the wait is really long on the weekends. During the week though you can usually get sat right away!
For all my Buckhead friends, there is one opening on Roswell Road soon if you don’t want to venture down to Inman Park. I suggest going before that happens though! Honestly, I cannot say enough great things about this restaurant. The best food, best (and strongest) margs, and great service…always worth the wait!
On to the next [taco] spot,