I love reviewing brunch because my obsession with brunch is what made me want to blog about food. This rainy (and hungover) Sunday was definitely improved with brunch at Venkman’s. Little did I know, it wasn’t just brunch but jazz brunch. Also, if you leave your ID at the bar the night before, they feel your pain and serve you bottomless mimosas anyway. Which was totally what happened to my friend and not me…
- Bottomless mimosas. I feel like very few places in Atlanta are on board with this, but Venkman’s has got you covered for $18. They never let my glass get empty.
- Jazz brunch on Sundays. Although it was more like a full on blue grass band today.
- Fantastic service. I have to say that mainly because the server totally let Brennan pass back his ID to me. We look a lot alike though so that is probably why.
- The food was excellent. It is a more typical brunch menu but every dish definitely has something interesting going on.
- If you do not have a reservation, the bar seating is first come first serve.
- They have shows and events all the time because they have a stage in the middle of the restaurant. They are doing a lot of Christmas shows this month!
- It was really busy? Is that even a con? Just know a reservation is probably a good idea.
- Slightly pricey. Every dish is $11-$18. The food is really really good though, but once you add in cocktails it adds up.
This is going to be my new go-to brunch spot. Already made a reservation for next weekend!
On to the next one,